City Council will be voting to change Chicago’s vending laws soon. The Street Vendors Justice Coalition (SVJC) wrote the new law to legalize street vending and help vendors like you get the respect you deserve. Come learn about what changes may be coming. Now is the time to make your voice heard!
Wednesday, August 27, 2:30-4:30pm
2801 S Hamlin Ave
Reserve your seat by calling 708-391-5516. Please leave a message with your name and number. Food will be provided.
Please spread the word!
- Sign our petition calling on City Council to stop treating street vendors like criminals, and to allow them to earn an honest living!
- Spread the word about our ordinance to others in your community. Encourage them to sign our petition.
- Show your support on social media. Share why you think a vibrant street food culture is important to our communities, post a photo of your favorite street food, or anything else you can think of. Don’t forget to use #mystreetsmyeats when showing your Twitter love!
- Tell your alderman to support our ordinance. Don’t know your alderman? Click here.
- “Like” our Facebook page to hear about updates and upcoming events.
- If you’re a current or aspiring vendor, please join our Facebook group, and get in touch at email@example.com or (773)834-3129.